Job Title: Event Operations Manager
Location: Yorkshire Event Centre, Great Yorkshire Showground, Harrogate
Working as part of a small team you will prepare, liaise and assist in the smooth and safe running of the events in the venue. This will require the highest levels of customer care, organisation, flexibility and commitment to maintain and raise the standards already achieved. This is a practical and physical role.
Post Holder Basic Requirements
- Preferably some previous experience in a similar environment.
- Excellent communication skills both written and face to face.
- Able to deliver a high level of customer service.
- Flexibility in approach; the post involves evening and weekend work.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- The ability to think on your feet use your initiative and problem solve.
- Some knowledge of the technical aspects of event production would be very useful.
- Some experience of operational health and safety.
- To be responsible for the health and safety of the organisers, contractors, exhibitors and visitors.
- To greet clients and offer exceptional customer service.
- To monitor and manage the contractors directly employed and assist with clients sub-contractors.
- To prepare the venue for the arrival of each event, checking cleanliness, helping to build stages, set out furniture, install cables, data points etc.
- Driving company vehicles and plant equipment to prepare for events. This will include forklifts, telehandlers, and working at height using MEWPs.
- To liaise with internal and external teams efficiently – including electricians, plumbers, car parking attendants, cleaners and caterers.
- To liaise closely with and support the organiser, and/or their production team, both in the pre-planning and during their tenancy.
- To answer all clients and visitor requests in a polite confident and efficient professional manner.
- To deal effectively with any complaints.
- To handle all matters with a fair and even response in accordance with the standard practises.
- To properly communicate and feedback to all the team during shift changes and post shows on all aspects of the events.
- To clean and clear spaces – this is a hands-on role and we need someone who will ‘muck in’ and get the job done.
- To be responsible for the security of the buildings and grounds when opening and locking up.
- By the very nature of helping to run a venue with a huge range of different events this list cannot be conclusive and so an adaptable, can-do attitude is essential.
Relevant personal skills/experience
- Ability to work on own initiative, yet have strong team working skills.
- Physically fit to undertake the numerous practical tasks required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (CAD would be beneficial).
- Familiar with Event 500 software (or similar).
- Honesty and integrity.
- Flexibility to work with customers to satisfy their needs whilst balancing practical requirements.
- Experience of operational health and safety.
- Ability to portray a positive confident corporate image.
- Experience of dealing with difficult situations/customers.
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to remain calm whilst working under pressure.
- Cheerful disposition and a good sense of humour.
- An Event Management related qualification would be useful but not essential.
- A First Aid Qualification would be useful but not essential.
- A Health & Safety Qualification, e.g. IOSH, NEBOSH would be useful but not essential.
- Personal licence holder.
- Fire Safety Training.
- Manual Handling.
- Driving Licence essential
- Fork lift licence/Telehandler Licence.
- IPAF Licence 3a and 3b
- An understanding of electrics or electrical safety would be useful.
Training for the right candidate, will be provided.
- Weekend, Evening and Bank Holiday working.
- Lone Working
Please apply in writing enclosing your CV and covering letter with current salary details to email@example.com